4 to 6 July 2014
Ross Gudgeon has been running digital photography workshops at Sundive for years but this is the FIRST time he will run one on one of our favourite dive locations, the North Solitary Islands at Wooli, NSW! This is an opportunity you WON’T want to miss! Most published photographers will agree that the turning point in their photography was a course with an industry expert and Ross is at the top of his game! I have seen first hand the significant improvements that have come with attending one of Ross’s courses. Always generously willing to give of his time, knowledge and expertise you will not only be getting Ross for one weekend but a mentor for life!
Availability on this AMAZING weekend is strictly limited so make sure you don’t delay and secure your spot TODAY! Fill out the booking form and send it back to secure your spot! The course is $800 and is PACKED FULL of value!
Aside from the phenomenal course that Ross runs (details below of the format for the weekend) the weekend also includes:
- 4 dives
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- BBQ dinner on Saturday night
- 2 nights accommodation
- A weekend of picking the brain of one of the world’s foremost U/W photographers improving your Macro and Wide Angle photography!
Ross Gudgeon learned to dive in December 1979 and still remembers the thought that went through his head on his first dive clearly, “I’ve gotta get a camera, no one is going to believe this!”. Three months later he got his first underwater camera, a second hand Nikonos III and has been taking photos underwater ever since. After shooting film underwater for 18 years Ross made the switch to digital underwater photography with in 2002 and currently uses a Canon 7D in a Nauticam housing. When not diving there is nothing more he likes to do than pass on his 30+ years of underwater photography knowledge and experience to help others improve their underwater photography skills and currently runs underwater photography courses at Sundive in Byron Bay, Australia.
Ross has won awards in many major underwater photographic competitions including:
- Our World Underwater International Underwater Photo & Video Competition 2012
- 2012 Beneath the Sea Photo & Video Competition
- Underwater Festival 2011
- Our World Underwater International Underwater Photo & Video Competition 2010
- 2010 Beneath the Sea Photo & Video Competition
- 2010 Underwater Photography Guide Ocean Art Photo Competition
- 2009 British Society of Underwater Photographers Underwater Excellence Competition
- 2009 Celebrate The Sea Festival Underwater Imagery Competition
- 2008 Los Angeles Underwater Photographic 46th International Underwater Photographic Competition
- 2008 Northern California Underwater Photographic Society SEA International Underwater Photographic Competition
He has been published in several magazines including Scuba Diving Magazine (USA), Asian Diver and Ocean Geographic. In 2010 Ross had one of his shots included in an article published in the Guardian and Telegraph newspapers (UK) titled IThe World’s Best Underwater Photographs 2010
This 2 Day course designed for those who have their own camera, have been shooting for while and are frustrated with not getting
the results they want and/or want to learn new techniques to improve their UW photography.
Welcome from Ross and start absorbing his wealth of information!
Camera knowledge & settings
Taking better UW photos
2 dives to set the bar – Where your photography is up to
Wide Angle Photography
2 dives to practice skills
Critique and Q&A session