WHY BECOME A PADI DIVEMASTER?
Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but you also get the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster couse is the first level of professional training. Working closely with our experienced PADI Instructor, you’ll fine- tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover and refine your rescue skills so you can anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organisation in the world- PADI.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
-The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
-Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
-Diver safety and risk management
-Divemaster conducted programs and specialised skills
-Business of diving and your career
-Awareness of the dive environment
-Dive set-up and management
-Mapping an open water site
-Conducting dive briefings
-Organising a search and recovery project and a deep dive
-Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
-Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover local diving programs
DIVE MASTER PREREQUISTES
Must be PADI Rescue Diver certified
Must be 18 years of age or older
Completed an Emergency First Response and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months (we conduct these courses and please contact us for more information)
Have a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 logged dives to earn certification
NEXT COURSE DATE
We have courses starting regularly. Please contact John on 0457 007 040 for details!
PADI Course materials- $300
The PADI Divemaster crewpak includes:
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Instructor Manual
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- PADI Professional Log
- DSD Cue Cards
- PADI Pro Bag
- PADI Divemaster Application package
WHAT YOU CAN TEACH
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
At a glance, compare what you can teach when you continue your professional diver education.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
All theory sessions by private instruction (classroom)
Pool entry for all training activities
One trip on board Big Cat Reality to lead certified divers
Optional activities as noted on the booking form
Tanks and weights for all training activities
PADI IDC Staff Instructor services
HOW TO BOOK
Please complete the attached booking form and email back the completed and signed form to [email protected], along with the $260 for the course materials and $250 deposit or payment in full. An additional $250 deposit.
A payment plan is available with a periodic payment schedule(see attached booking form for details). Your certification will not be processed until payment in full has been received.
OTHER COURSES THAT WILL PREPARE YOU FOR SUCCESS AS A PADI DIVEMASTER
Here are some suggestions for other PADI courses that will help make you more successful as a PADI Divemaster:
- Search and Recovery (Highly recommended)
- Deep Diver (Highly recommended)
- Dive Theory Online
- Boat Diver
- Coral Reef Conservation
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air Diver (You can even sign up for the PADI Enriched Air Course Online!)
- Equipment Specialist
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigation